Friday, July 06, 2012

Just reading a bit about an artist who I like, Jacob Cooley.  Seems that a blogger likes Cooley's work however finds it repetitive.  I disagree as I find something new in each piece that Jacob presents.  It was sad to read however that Jacob is having some personal issues.  I wish him well.  He is a talented young painter.  Another favorite of mine is Richard Siegel, a watercolorist who works in an unusually large format.  We have one of his pieces and enjoy it daily.  The piece is from his Yosemite series, and while it does convey a strong sense of light, it also appears to move with the water depicted by the image.  Repetition is certain not an attribute of Siegel's work, as his style seems to evolve with each series of work.  I would love to see more of his recent work so perhaps I will make a trip down to The Center of The Earth gallery in NoDa and take a look with my friend Ruth Lyons.  (no relation)

No comments: